Friday, May 27, 2011

Aquarium

        Last week, we decided to check out the Downtown Aquarium in Houston.  It was a pretty cool one, although aren't most aquariums pretty similar? Well, this one had 2 white tigers! Brad didn't believe me when I showed him the pictures and he just said, "those are fake". I assure you, however, that they were real and they were awesome! One was sleeping in the back the whole time, but the other one was up walking right next to the glass. My other favorites were the black and white polka dotted sting rays. They also had sting rays that you could touch, but I was too chicken. Maybe next time. It was so fun to see all of the little kids reactions to all the fun animals. 



      Here are a few more things that I have done to stay busy. I've done a few craft things, but without a ruler or a scrapbook cutter, it is not as easy as it may look. I accidentally left my calendar at home, so I just decided to make some. I also made some fun cards, just for the fun of it. One of the wives out here, Hayley, taught me how to crochet! A few others were learning as well so we had a crochet night one day last week. It's been fun and it keeps me busy. I'm making a blanket right now, but it's taking forever! And, of course, I always make sure there are cookies in the freezer. :) I take after my mom. 

    I haven't been having too much good luck with being injured this week. Monday, I started getting these little bumps. They started behind my legs but then moved to all over my legs, arms and shoulders. I really could not figure out what it was or what it was from. I finally came to a conclusion that's from the sunburn that I got last week, I guess I am just not used to getting sunburned- since that was my first time ever. Kinda weird though. Then also on Monday, I burnt four fingers on my right hand from touching a pan that I did not know was hot. It was pretty bad and I had to hold on to an otter pop all night. Tuesday I cut up my leg because my computer was falling from the couch and my hands were full, so I tried to kinda catch it with my leg- not such a great idea I know. On Wednesday, we woke up and found ants in our bed! Gross! I was itchy all day and finally when we were getting ready for bed, Brad looked at my back and found about 15 bites all over my back. We had seen a few ants on the floor by my side of the bed the night before, and now we have seen them all over our room and by the front door. Something needs to happen with those darn bugs! They are no longer my friends.

      Here is Brad in his lovely orange Vivint attire. On Monday, he got to choose a 50 dollar prize for getting 3 sells between Friday and Saturday and he chose a helicopter. He's been having a lot of fun with it.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I've been checking for this post, and you did as you promised- got it up for me to see sometime Friday morning. Good job. What's up with all your injuries? Ants in bed w/ you is no good, but better than spiders. . . can you spray for them? I like all your projects you've done to stay productive. Good job. I guess that's what people who don't read do. . . good job on following in my footsteps w/ the cookies in the freezer :) Love the aquarium picts. They're so cool. And tell Brad good job on earning that helicopter.

Kylee said...

Great job on the background! I'm glad you finally got it figured out. Weird about all your injuries. The aquarium looks so cool! Definitely better than others... I'm glad you're finding lots to do!

Lindsey said...

The orange shirts, not my fave, but hard to miss. Love the helicopter, I gave that to ryan for christmas and it was his favorite gift I've ever given him, but it only lasted 24 hours before breaking.