Friday, May 20, 2011

Texas!

After 27 miserable hours of driving and 1,550 miles away from home, we made it to Manvel, TX. The drive was actually not too bad, except when we were in a terrible rainstorm just two hours away from Manvel. 

Brad's good friend from high school, Cami was nice enough to let us stay the night at her house in New Mexico. We got there around 6 so went to dinner with them, and for ice cream. It was so fun to finally meet her, since I had heard so many great things about her. :) And it was nice to be able to take a break from driving and have somewhere to spend the night. Thanks again Cami and Zane! 

   Our apartments here are way nice. We love them, and we love the area we are in. We have a washer/dryer, huge bathroom, two bedrooms, an island in the kitchen and a dishwasher! We also have two pools and a fitness center that we can go to. There is a cool pond/fountain in the middle of all the apartments. I really enjoyed walking along the trail that is around it, until they put up this sign (see next picture). I was not amused.


     I have been spending most of my days working on the three online classes I'm taking. It gets stressful at times and sometimes I wish I didn't have to worry about school during the summer so I can just relax, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. When I'm not doing homework, I usually go to the pool, find something new to cook, write thank you cards, (I'm almost done- if you haven't gotten one yet, I'm sorry, I know it's taking me forever!) or get on the internet- which we just got yesterday and it has been so nice! I have also hung out with the other wives quite a bit. They are all so fun to be around and I can't wait to spend the rest of the summer with them. We've done a few different activities including: going to the park and shopping, watching biggest loser and american idol and going to the movie "Rio". On Saturday night, we had a pizza party after the boys got home. Brad thought he was pretty cool balancing the pizza boxes on his head. Sunday night we decided to have everyone bring any breakfast food they had and have a big breakfast for dinner. We ended up with pancakes, hash browns, bacon and tons of eggs. We were shocked when we ate almost all the food.
     After church on Sunday, Brad and I drove down to Galveston to go to the beach. It is only an hour away and we were only there for about a half hour- just long enough to get some good pictures and say we had been. I'm glad we went, even though there were tons and tons of people, because Brad and I probably won't go again- with Sunday's being the only days he has off. I'm hoping that if I go back on a weekday, it won't be so crowded.





    Brad has been doing so great with selling. He had a hard few days last week, but this week he has gotten at least one sell everyday. I'm so grateful for him and his willingness to work so hard. He is one amazing man and I am so lucky to be married to him. Love you Brad! 

8 comments:

Lee said...

Yes! This IS what I've been waiting for. It's great to picture where you are now. Those apts ARE really nice. That's so cool. Ya, the beware of snakes sign does ruin you wanting to walk around that little lake. But I'd do it anyway and just watch where you're walking. The new header picture and background paper is divine. I love the picts at the ocean. You guys are so cute! I love everything you're doing to stay busy. I can't wait for you to share some of your new yummy recipes you're trying. And good job Brad on selling! Keep it up!

Zane and Cami said...

Oh man, those apartments are awesome! So jealous you are close to a beach, soak up those ocean rays for us!! You guys are welcome anytime, it was so fun to see you both!

Annie said...

Like your mom, I WAS waiting every day for you to post! It was a great recap and I am glad you are off to a fun and successful start. There was one picture that I thought, "why is Kylee loving on Brad"! LOL.

Kylen Conterio said...

Jess I didn't know you were in Dallas for a little! We should have got together. My life here is pretty uneventful! If you come back up this way let me know! Looks like you're having fun though!

Anonymous said...

Your appartment is so awesome! It's kind of sad you won't be there longer. What a long drive! Sounds like you're having a blast. Keep the posts coming :)
Lindsey

Vonnie said...

Good to hear from you sweet Jessica and see where you are living and such. I hope you have a great summer. Keep those updates coming!

Vonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jord said...

What a trip! I'm impressed with your travels and glad that Brad is doing well. I hope you get to see more of the ocean and that you enjoy the summer as much as possible.