Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Ok people.. why I have been so terribly bad at taking pictures, well I couldn't tell you. I had all intentions of taking a lot of really good pictures on Valentines Day and doing an awesome post.. but that didn't happen. So, sorry they're not the best pictures. But I'll tell you all about it cause it was the best day! :) It started off in the morning. I got up a little early so that I could make some red/pink french toast with special syrup and pink milk. I had classes from 8:30-10:30. After class, Brad came to give me his car so he could go to his one class like we usually do. I get to the car and he comes out with a rose. He told me that the song playing was our song for the day. It was "In Her Eyes" and also told me to read the note inside the rose. It said: Go home and look for clues that start with "I love you because" (there are 11). I go home and to my surprise, there were 11 roses all over the house, each with a note of why he loves me. Each one of them, he put in a spot that went along with why he loves me; "You're a good cook" (on the stove), "We have so much fun together" (by our skiis), etc. It was very cute and he was very creative. I loved it so much.
I only had an hour to do everything that I had planned for Brad. I made some heart shaped sugar cookies, made him a heart shaped sandwich for lunch along with a pink Oreo pop my mom and I had made on Sunday. I put some valentines candy on our bed and put little cut-out hearts down the stairs and balloons in our room. I didn't have time to frost all of the cookies, so I just did one for each of us and then we frosted them together and I took them to my kids at work. I also had heart attacked him a few days early because I knew I wouldn't have time to do it all yesterday- and I was right!

When I got home from work, Brad surprised me and took me to Hamilton's for dinner. It was so crowded, but it was delicious. This picture is not great of me, but I wanted to show our cute pink/red shirts.
My family has a tradition of getting a heart-shaped pizza on Valentines day. I was going to make one yesterday, but since Brad took me out, I decided to still make the pizza today. I thought it turned out pretty good. Valentines was the best day ever. Brad and I are so in love and we love being married. :)

5 comments:

Dani Em said...

you two are so cute! and your bedding is darling!! Fun to see you tonight :)

Lee said...

Keep doing this much stuff for each other every Valentines Day! I loved everything you both did to make it a special day for each other. Good job! And did you make that heart shaped pizza? You just didn't go the easy route like me and get it from Papa Murphys?

Kylee said...

OK, you two are probably the cutest things ever! I love everything you did for each other. Me and Brod might need some lessons. Also, I love your bed!! I didn't know you had all that cute stuff (I guess you probably got it all for/after the wedding). Anyway, it's super cute! I'm glad you both had a great day!

Vonnie said...

Wow, you guys went all out! So fun! Glad you had a great day.

Jessica said...

FUN Valentines Day! I love the heart-shaped pizza. I may have to steal that one.

On another note...did I see that you have a goal to lose 10 lbs? Do you plan to chop off one of your limbs? Where in the world do you have 10 lbs to lose?!?!