Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tour

Welcome to our casa. Isn't our little red door so cute? We live in the basement of a house on 7th north and about 2nd east, and we love it! Let me take you on a tour. You walk in the door and go directly downstairs. We have hooks right by our front door and I love that so that we don't have to run up and down the stairs to grab a coat.
This is our kitchen/family room. They are pretty much the same room (you can tell on the second collage on the left). Our kitchen is pretty small, but it works for two people. I took these pictures after I heart attacked Brad, so you'll get to see a little of that. The heater is one of our favorite features of the house. It's so nice to have on a cold day since we don't control the temperature of the heat in the house. Brad's parents were nice and let us borrow some of their old couches from the cabin. Needless to say, they were not pretty so we threw some sheets over them. I know it doesn't look great, but it's better than the couches, trust me. We didn't want to buy new couches and then have to store some for the summer while we are gone, so we are planning on buying some when we get back after the summer.

This is our second bedroom. aka our computer/jacket/stuff from wedding that we haven't found a home for yet room.
Since there are not many drawers or cupboards in our kitchen, most of our food is in the pantry which is in the laundry room. There are tons of shelves (on both sides too) so it is way nice, but it kinda sucks not having it in the kitchen and having to go back and forth. We love that the house came with a washer and dryer (along with cable and internet).
This is our bathroom. Pretty small, but it's just fine!
Ok, so this is where the main heart attack action was- our bedroom. We just bought our bedding and I am loving it a lot more than I thought I would. I love love that there were 2 dressers built in plus one in the closet.
Well, that's about it. Hope you enjoyed the tour. ;)

4 comments:

tutus n bowties said...

Love your cute place! Isn't it so fun getting to decorate and make it your own? P.s. loved the detail on your V-day together. I'm glad to hear that Brad is a romantic! Well done!

Lee said...

I was wondering when this post was coming. . . good job on showing how cute your place is. You've both done a great job of making it so cute and homey. I love it! (I noticed Jessica W's comment on your previous post about you losing 10 pounds. . . haha that's a good one, and she's right!)

Jord said...

What a cute apartment! I LOVE red doors and think you've done a great job of setting things up so quick.

Kylee said...

I missed this one too!! You must have posted them later in the same day as the valentines one, so it didn't show up as a new post on my side thing. I'll be sure to check back often anyway from now on!

I love your cute little apartment!! I too, have been waiting for this post to come. I think those couches look just fine with the sheets! It seriously looks just like a normal couch cover. Good thinking! That pantry is awesome, even if it is in another room!