Monday, June 28, 2010

Portland & Willmington

Alright, sorry everybody.. but no pictures this time! I haven't been able to get my internet working on my lap top so I cannot upload any pictures. Hopefully next time. I have been so busy for the last 10 days and I love it. The 17-24th was a very fun family vacation to Washington/Oregon. We got to stay at the Lake's awesome house. We had lots of fun going on bike rides, hiking, swimming and just hanging out. My family and I went to Cannon Beach for one night and that was so much fun. Too bad the water had to be freezing cold. Then we spent one night in Seatle and went to an amazing aquarium. My family left to go back home on the morning of the 25th and I got to spend the next 2 days with the Lakes. It was so much fun and felt like old times. We got in the pool lots, watched movies, went on a bike ride and just hung out and had fun. My flight on Sunday was at 6:00am so I had to get up at 4. Luckily I was able to sleep on the plane. I had an hour layover in Salt Lake and then the long, 4 1/2 hour, flight to Philadelphia. They played Valentine's Day so I watched that and wrote in my journal lots. It actually went by pretty fast, luckily. It was crazy to be flying from one end of the United States to the other. The family was there at the airport to meet me and I found them very easily. We drove to their house in Willmington, Delaware and I called my mom and Brad and then we had dinner and just hung out before the girls went to bed. Today I watched the girls and we played life, wii and hide and seek. It has been fun so far. I was a little nervous at first but now that I have gotten to know the family a little better it is ok. And I am sure it will only get better the more I get to know them. We are heading to their beach house on Fisher's Island tomorrow morning so that should be pretty exciting. Hopefully I will have the internet there so that I can upload some pictures.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

Yay your first post in Delaware and I'm the first to comment! I'm glad you made it safe and it SOUNDS like you're having fun but now I need to SEE it :) Hopefully you'll have internet soon!

Lee said...

Dang! Ky beat me to it. I'll get her next time. I hope you have access soon so we can see picts! That will be such a bummer if you don't! I'm going to email you the picts you wanted soon. I miss you like crazy! Be safe driving to Fishers