Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday/update

I have the best birthday ever, for more than one reason. 1-it is in the summer, I don't think I would like going to school for my birthday. 2-it is almost exactly 6 months after Christmas, so I don't have to wait super long for one or the other. 3-it is usually the perfect weather. and 4-I get to share it with my mom every year! I have the best mom ever, so it is fun to have the same birthday as her.

Opening my new i-pod!

We have taken a picture like this in front of our birthday sign for as long as I can remember.

We had a yummy dinner that Kylee and Brody made for us. The Bundy's, Grandma, Grandpa and Annie joined us for dinner and to hang out afterwards.

I also love that I get to sing happy birthday along with everyone else. We always love to look at each other as we each say each others names while everyone else tries to say both of ours.

It was the best birthday ever! And I got to spend a few hours talking to Brad on skype. I was sad he couldn't be there for my birthday, but I was happy to at least kind of be able to see him. I loved that my birthday was on a Sunday this year since we usually talk on skype on Sunday's and he can talk for longer. It was a great day! Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday!



This little guy, is not my friend. We have a love-hate relationship...

Last week at work, I was using one to cut an apple, and accidentally cut my thumb trying to get it out. On Monday, trying to be more careful with it, I cut my pointer finger. I was left with these pretty marks. However, I do think that they are one of the best things invented, as long as you don't cut your finger using them!



Many of you may know that I love to pack. I have been so excited for the past few weeks for our vacation, and to go nanny, so I told myself that I had to wait till after my birthday to pack. I had my bag all packed and ready to go on Monday and now it is just sitting in my room waiting to go. We leave on Thursday and I am so excited. I will be sad to leave my kids at work, but I just keep telling myself that it is only two months! Plus, I know I will have a blast out there!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess you are so cute! I hope you have an awesome time nannying :)

Kylee said...

You're so funny about packing. I wish you were always around to pack mine!! I bet you fit twice as many things in there as a normal person. (by normal I mean someone that doesn't pack as nice and neat as you do...)

Jord said...

That is a fun birthday tradition Jessica and I'm glad you had a great day! How great that you love to pack too...that is a rare gift.

Vonnie said...

Ouch! that looks like it hurts. Hope you have a great trip and summer!

Lindsey said...

Happy birfday! That was a super yummy dinner. I love that you love to pack. When I was little I loved preparing the car before a trip...making a bed on the back seat, having appropriate snacks and activities to do...and even still I look forward to road trips so I can make it fun for Ryan and the girls as well. Can't wait to see more updates. Be sure to tell Brad that I want to know what he is going to do for you for your birthday ;) I want a special post about it.

Lee said...

I can't believe I didn't see this post until today! GRRRR. What a great recap on our BD. It was so fun. I also love that you're a good packer/organizer. That talent has helped a lot in our family! Can you believe you're 20? AH!