Thursday, November 1, 2012

2 showers in 3 days

'READY TO POP' BABY SHOWER

I threw a shower for my good friend, Mikell and boy was it fun! Mikell and I grew up living next door to each other, and now we are experiencing it again- as they are living with her parents for a bit as well. I'm so happy that Nick and Brad get along so great and that we have become such great friends with them, as a couple. 






Food:
Soda POP, caramel POPcorn, oreo POPs, lolliPOPs, and snap, crackle, POP (rice krispie treats)








Games/Prizes
-The first game we played was a fun POP quiz crossword puzzle and all of the questions had to do with POP. 
-We 'POPped' back in time & looked at all of our baby pictures & had to guess who was who. 
-I gave everyone an ice cube and told them whoever could get their baby to POP out first was the winner.
-Then we did the POPpers and the last one that went up last was the winner. 
The prizes were POP rocks, blow POPs, ring POPs and tootsie POP rops






Presents!!








I can't wait to meet Mikell's baby girl who is due to arrive on January 2nd! Congrats Brown's!






'ABC' BABY SHOWER (Yes Kylee- i did copy a lot of it from you... thanks!! ;))

I threw another baby shower for another good friend, Kelsey just two days later with my friend Lindsey. So, I left most of the decorations up- just took down the pink and put up blue for her baby boy! Kelsey's husband, Derrick and Brad were best friends growing up and we have become great friends with them as well. 






Food:
Sandwiches, veggies, fruit, oreo pops, cookies, brownies, and pop. 









Games:
-Baby shower bags: Everyone had to guess the baby item that was in the bag that started with each letter. We let them feel the bags to make it a bit easier. For those that guessed it right, the first one to shout out the candy bar (that was also in the bag and started with the letter) got to have it. We gave Kelsey the baby items as our gift from us- Book, Aspirator, Bib, Yellow rubber duck, Spoons, Hat, Onesie, Wipes, Elephant rattle, and Receiving blanket. 
-ABC book: everyone colored a couple pages for the book that we will get bound for Kelsey to keep. 
-ABC nursery rhymes: we had to come up with a nursery rhyme or childrens' song that started with each letter of the alphabet. The winner got a bottle filled with candy
-Baby Galvin: (this one had nothing to do with ABC, but it was still fun) Lindsey asked Kelsey if she wanted her baby to have her eyes, nose, cheeks, hair color, amount of hair, eyebrows, chin, and ears, or Derricks. We all had to circle what we thought she said. And again- the winner got a bottle filled with candy.







Presents!!








I (also) can't wait to meet Kelsey's baby boy- due to arrive on January 6th! Congrats Galvin's!

3 comments:

Lee said...

So cute Jess, even though I saw everything in person. . . you have a talent for organizing and throwing a great party- good job!

Kylee said...

Wow!! You go girl! Those showers look amazing and I can tell you went to a lot of work on them. I don't mind you copying mine at all, I just got all my ideas from someone else online anyway. Those girls are lucky to have a friend like you. :)

Jord said...

Oh my goodness! I wish I was your neighbor and you'd throw a shower for me. :) Your ideas are darling and I'm sure the girls appreciated it so much.