Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fort Collins

We had originally planned on driving home all day Sunday and getting to Fort Collins late that night. But, last minute, we decided to just drive through the night on Saturday. So, I spent all of Saturday packing up and loading the car up... by myself. Then I left at about 5:30 to go pick up Brad from his area, 1 1/2 hours away. I decided to would be fun to knock a couple doors with him and to see what he had to do everyday. We only knocked about 5 doors and talked to 2 people, and I was already tired! It just made me look up to him even more for doing it all day everyday for the whole summer (x4). It was kind of fun to see the sunset and then rise while we were driving. We switched off about every 3 hours and luckily it went fairly quick. We arrived at Kylee and Brody's house at about 9:00, just before they were headed out to church and both showered and took a good long nap.

Later that day, we went to a festival in downtown Fort Collins. It was crazy how many people were there, but it was a lot of fun. Then we went to to this awesome candy/soda shop called Rocket Fizz. They have hundreds of different flavors of soda's. You name it, they've got it! Some of the more interesting ones included; peanut butter and jelly, buffalo wild wings, green apple jalapeno, cotton candy, black licorice, s'mores, bacon, and hot ginger ale. 


We ended the night with a bike ride around their neighborhood and a round of Rook (girls won).

On Monday, Brad and I hung out at Kylee and Brody's house while they went to work. We bought an ipad that day so spent most of the day playing on that. When they got home, we went on a hike up to the 'A'. I thought it was so awesome because we could walk there from their house, and it had an awesome view of Horsetooth Reservoir on the other side. However, we were pretty disappointed by the 'A' when we got to the top because it just looked like a bunch of rocks painted white.

Kylee and I doing our best to make an 'A'! We went to dinner at Moe's BBQ and played more rook. (boys won)
On Tuesday, Brad and I decided to head down to Denver to go to the Aquarium. It was probably the best aquarium I've ever been to- hence the many pictures. We went on Tiger Tuesday and got to see the training that they do with the Tiger where he jumps in the water, which was pretty cool. Brad and I were both brave and touched the stingray. We also went to Subway and to the Mall while down there. Kylee had made a yummy dinner when we got home, then we played a tie-breaker game of rook (boys won) and then watched Jurassic Park. I'm so glad that we were able to spend a couple days with Kylee and Brody (both before going to Texas and after). They are such great hosts and we love them both! 




 And we, of course, had to stop at Little America on the way back to Utah for ice-cream cones. 

4 comments:

McKell Schreiner said...

Glad you two made it home safe! So upset we didn't get to say goodbye! ha ha lame. We'll have to figure out a girls day with the other wives this fall!

Zane and Cami said...

Haha, when we go to Steamboat, CO we drive right past Little America. Don't you love the GAZILLION signs they have for that place? The billboard about the ice cream cones always makes me want one...but yet when we stop I don't think I've ever gotten one! I will have to do so next time!

Lee said...

What a fun stay you had in Ft. Collins! I love that you did so many fun things- that aquarium is awesome! I'm so happy you 4 had such a fun time together. That was nice of you to leave your Bosch for Ky!

Kylee said...

Yayyy! I'm glad you guys could stay with us as well! We always get an ice cream at Little America as well. And by we, I mean me. Love you both lots!