Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break and more

Brad spent his spring break in Austin, Texas selling. He had fun sneaking into the Texas Longhorn stadium and getting to know the area we'll be in this summer.  

What did I do while he was gone all week long? Just a few little crafts that I had been wanting to do, most of which were found from pinterest. I got the cute holiday banner idea from my mom and sister. I'm excited to hang them up, once I finish them up. 

We only got to go skiing once this season. Luckily, we didn't buy season passes this year, but it was a good year not to, with such little snow! Brad did go snowmobiling about 7-8 times. One time when he went, he found some deer antlers buried in the snow. They ended up being pretty big, and he was excited. They are currently sitting in the back of his truck since I won't allow them in our house. 

Brad's sister was four months pregnant when she lost her sweet baby boy, Elijah. We went down to provo on Saturday for his memorial service. Brad's dad made his beautiful casket. We're so sorry for their loss, and he will be greatly missed.  

Today, I had the crazy idea to ride our bikes up to Aggie Ice Cream. My family and I used to do it all the time, and I didn't really think about how big of a hill we had to ride up. We made it though, and the ride home sure was nice! (sorry for the low-quality picture.. it's from Brad's phone)

5 comments:

Lee said...

I'm so impressed that it was your idea for the bike ride! Good job- I'm sure it was nice to get the hill out of the way first. You were busy while Brad was gone to Texas being crafty and productive!

Stacy said...

I am so jealous that you are going to Austin! I have heard it is such a fun city. I will be stuck in Lubbock and Amarillo again. :o( Nick is excited about the selling, I guess that is the most important thing! I don't let any of Nick's animals in the house either. They all stay in our garage!

Kylee said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun recently. Way to go- biking uphill for some ice cream. They cancel each other out, right? :) Those cookies look so yummy!! What are they?

Vonnie said...

Good update Jessica. Loved seeing your crafty project. So sorry about the baby.

Lindsey said...

That just makes me SO sad for Brad's sister. Seriously, heartbreaking. I'm proud of you for not letting those antlers in the house ;) Start now or else you could end up like my friend and it looks like her house has a animal museum inside. Love the photo of you and Brad on your bikes, soooo cute. And that football beanie.....seriously to die for!!!