Tuesday, December 7, 2010

As of lately

Ok, so I know, I have been terrible at blogging lately. I have also been TERRIBLE at taking pictures, sadly. But I have been very busy. Here are some things that I've been up to after the engagement in no particular order.
This is a random picture that I found. I cannot figure out where or when it was taken, but I like it!

-I got to babysit some of my favorite kids over the weekend. I brought them to church with me and they were so good to just sit on our laps and be quiet. I was a little worried about it since they are not members and would not be used to sitting quiet for so long, but they did great! We also took them to hillcrest to play at the park. I did not know that they were getting a new playground, so that was fun to play around on.

-This Thanksgiving was a snowy one, and I loved it! There was a blizzard warning on tuesday so campus closed at 2. I thought that would mean I would get out of my test that was at 1:30, but no such luck. On wednesday I had work and then Brad and I went to the USU basketball game. On Thanksgiving day, we went to Grandma's for dinner and boy was it delicious! I had to steal this picture from my mom's blog since I did not take any pictures.. sad! My favorite part of the meal was the sauerkraut. It's always been one of my favorites. Now I just have to get Brad to like it!

After we finished at Grandmas, Brad and I drove to Willard to spend a couple of days with his family. On Thursday night, we went through all of Brad's high school and mission stuff that his mom had been storing for him. We got rid of a ton of stuff but it was fun to see some of the stuff that he had saved. I got my traditional jammies from Grandma on Thanksgiving so I enjoyed wearing those! :) On Friday, we all helped to clean out the shed that they have at their house. Then, that night we had a 'company' party, which turned out to be a surprise mission shower for Brad's brother. It was a fun night. Saturday was a busy day. It started off by going to the Ogden temple. Brad's brother was receiving his endowments, so me and his younger brother did baptisms, since we are the only ones that can't go yet. It was very crowded so it took us a long time, but we didn't care since we had to wait for them anyways. It was a very cool experience to get to do baptisms somewhere else besides Logan. I just can't wait till I can go to the temple for real though! :) Then, we had a bridal shower at his sister's house which was very fun and I got lots of good stuff! We also tied my jean quilt that I made when I was in YW. Again, I'm sad to say I have no pictures. :( Brad went snowmobiling while we had the shower. We drove back to logan that night and went to Harry Potter 7!! I loved it so much! I can't wait for the second part! But, I will be sad it's over.

-We enjoyed going to the temple as a family and doing baptisms. We also enjoyed joining mom and dad for dinner at Aggies and then the Christmas concert at the Ellen Eccles Theatre.

Lets see, some other things that we've been doing is getting ready for our WEDDING (which is in 24 days!!!) We finished taking all of our engagements, put together all of the announcements and sent them off yesterday, took bridals/groomals on Sunday, and much much more! I can't believe it is coming up so quickly, but I am so excited!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

Finally!!! I've been waiting for a new post for so long! But I totally understand how busy you are. I wish I could help. Well, I guess I can in 10 days!! I'm so excited and can't wait to see you and help with your WEDDING!!! YAYY!! By the way, you look so pretty in all those pictures!

Vonnie said...

Good update Jessica. You and Brad have been very busy. I'm so excited for you both. We got your invitation today. Love it!

Lee said...

I agree with Kylee- it's about time you did an update on your exciting, busy life! Loved seeing all the pictures- and I can't wait to see the bridals/groomals. That was so fun to watch on Sunday. I can't believe the wedding's in 24 days!!! AH!!!!!!!

Kristina Peterson said...

You guys are so dang cute!

Lindsey said...

Great post Jess! I bet you are so super duper busy. Why did Hillcrest get a new playground? The one they had was awesome. Wait, that was Lundstrom park. Anyway, hang in there, all this busy crazyness will be over soon!

Jord said...

What great adventures Jessica! I can't wait to see you soon.