Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shower me with love!

I just had my last shower on Tuesday, so now I can do this post. I'm so sad that I didn't get any pictures from the shower that I had for Brad's family. We tied the quilt, ate yummy food, played games and opened presents at his sister Brooke's house. It was a very fun shower and I was glad I got to meet some more of Brad's family.
The next shower was with my friends. We ate, I had to eat gum for missing questions about Brad (I think I only missed 5 out of about 25), opened presents and had fun talking and hanging out.
Brad's best friend's wife also threw me a small little friend shower. We had some delicious lunch, then played a wedding matching game and opened presents.
The next shower was the ward one. We had it at the Roskelley's and had so many people shower up, it was great! They had yummy cheesecake.
The last shower was the family shower. Lindsey really outdid herself with all of the decorations. It was all very cute though, and Kylee made a cake for us! The theme of this shower was "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue". So that is why everything is blue, including my hair and most everybody's clothes. I also got something old, new, borrowed, and blue from my mom, sister, and 2 grandmas. We also played a game to see who was most like Brad, and it ended up being my Aunt Teresa! Everyone gave us some awesome wedding advice as well. It was a great shower!

This was the result after all of the showers except for the last, since we were able to move everything into our house that night. It is nice to not have it all on the side of my bed now. Oh, and for those of you wondering... We are living in a basement apartment on 7th north and about 2nd east, just down from campus. I am very excited about it, especially since we know the people upstairs and we will be in our friend's ward! I am so grateful to everyone who came to all of the showers but especially for those that threw them and all the hard work they put into making it a fun shower for me! Thanks everyone!

No comments: