Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween and... ???

We had a very fun, busy Halloween extravaganza this year. Our first little activity was the pumpkin walk. We had to wait in line for about an hour, but it was fun and all of the pumpkins were really cool. Our favorite was the "Up" scene.

Our next activity was a Halloween party for my work. My classroom was the "mad scientist lab" and me and Brad gave out tattoos. My boss was a ruler because she is the ruler of the school. I thought that was cute! We also had to make a pumpkin for a contest. Sadly, we did not win.

Next was a Halloween party that Brad and I had at my house last night. We spent all day getting ready for it. We made dinner in a pumpkin, rolls, salad, spider cookies, eyeball deviled eggs and homemade rootbeer. I had fun seeing baby Mckayla and Hayzl. 14 of our friends came for dinner and then we sent them out on a picture scavenger hunt.





While they were gone, we cleaned up and started getting ready for the rest of the party. I was downstairs setting up some stuff on the ping pong table and talking to my parents and some friends. Brad came down and we had some stuff to take upstairs. When we got to the kitchen, there were a dozen roses, a little box and a piece of paper. He told me that he wanted to get me a little present for our one year anniversary (we met on halloween last year at a party I had at my house). So I opened up the box and pulled out a necklace that had a really big ring on it. He said, "you know, the size of the rock shows how much I love you." And I was like, oh ok, thanks. And then he said that since I wrote a list of reasons why I love him, that he made a list of reasons why he loves me. So I read that and then we were just talking and he pulled out the real ring, without me noticing and got down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes of course! :) I am so happy!!! He did such a good job at surprising me. He told me that the ring I liked had been bought and wouldn't come in till next week probably. When, in reality.. he really had had it for about 2 weeks! I really believed him, even though nobody else did, so it was the best surprise!

My mom had been in on it the whole time so she was downstairs all ready with the camera. I never thought I would be dressed as a mummy the day I got engaged so it made for some good pictures. haha I could not stop smiling, even when he tried to kiss me.

When everyone got back from the scavenger hunt, I tried to hide my ring so that we could tell them all at once. But, I was telling Brad a secret and put my hand up to his ear without thinking and my friend, Mariana saw it and said, OH.. MY... GOSH!!!! Then everyone ran over and started screaming when they realized. It was pretty funny.

After all that, we played a game of musical candy and then voted on the best costume of the night. We all crammed in the family room to watch the movie, "Godsend". (thanks for the recommendation Lins!) It was a good, scary movie and a very fun night!

Here are some pictures of my ring! We get married on December 31, for those of you who don't know! :)

19 comments:

Kristina Peterson said...

Love the whole story! Congrats:) very gorgeous ring too! Remember, that my mom and I want to throw you a shower! (and we totally called to do that a long time ago!:) ) Congrats again! Oh, and I want to know the time of the wedding and reception please!

Lee said...

Good job on the details of the most exciting day of your life so far, right? Your boy did a great job of planning, and I'm glad he needed my help. It was so much fun to be "in the know." I'm sooo happy for you guys- it's been so much fun having a front row seat for this past year watching your love for each other grow. You are just the most adorable couple! And we're sooo excited to have Brad as a part of our family. (I feel like I say that all the time, but it's true!)

Chelsea said...

Yipee! Congratulations Jess! I love that he proposed on Halloween and I love your ring. It's gorgeous...just like you!

Kylee said...

It was so good to see all the pictures!!! And I LOVE the ring! It's beautiful! I'm SOOO excited for you guys, you don't even know!

Stacie said...

CONGRATS Jess and Brad! Ah what a Great job he did in surprising you! I love the ring its SO PRETTY can't wait to see it in person! Yay I am so excited for you both! He's a LUCKY boy to get such a GREAT girl like you! YAY can't wait for the big day!!

Jessica said...

You definately found yourself a good one ;) The ring is GORGEOUS! Brad is pretty lucky guy himself. Can't wait to share in your big day and watch you guys start your lives together! LOVE to you both!

Annie said...

Excellent post Jess! Loved all the details and the great pictures. Your ring is beautiful and I am so happy to have Brad join "our" family, too.

Vonnie said...

Whoot Whoot!!! Way to go Jessica and Brad!!! I'm so happy for you both. I loved seeing all the pictures and reading the recap. Such a memorable day.

Jord said...

What a great day! I love that all of this happened on Halloween. It will have to be your favorite holiday from now on. The ring is beautiful and I'm so happy for you Jessica!

Lindsey said...

YEAH!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring!! I also love love love Brad. He really is such a great catch! Can't wait to have you guys over Thursday!

Jamie Jo said...

The Mummy Proposal is the best!!! I can't believe little Jessica is getting married. Congratulations. Now we can place bets on who makes your mom a Grandma first. My money is on you, Baby Whisperer.

Carol said...

Hi its Carol - beautiful ring Jessica. I love your engagement story!! Congrats.

Kade and Katie said...

SOOOO CUTE! I LOVE IT!! so happy for you and brad! congrats!

Liv Blair said...

Oh Jess I am so happy for you!!! What a beautiful ring for a beautiful girl! Good luck with quick planning! Let me know if you need anything at all!

Taylor Jess said...

Jess! omg my mom told me that you were getting married last week after she read an email from your mom so I was just waiting for it to happen! Im SOOOO happy for you! the ring is goregous! i love it! you are so cute and you look so happy! love you!

mary erickson said...

So happy for you Jessica and especially for Brad, to get such an adorable bride. What a fun party. Love ya, Grandma

Stacey said...

Congrats! I can't believe it's happening. I feel so old as all my little cousins are getting married. Bottom line is you will be a great wife and even better mother! You will be a stupendous mother!!!! I can't wait to meet him. What a fun party. Where has my creativity gone??? I need to do these kinds of things for my own kids. As they age they'll appreciate it more and more.

tutus n bowties said...

Congrats Jess and Brad!! I loved see the pics and reading the details. You two are perfect together!

SaraPete said...

Jess, I am SO HAPPY for you and Brad!!! That was such a cute engagement story of the two little mummys!! Enjoy this short time of your engagement....it will go by so fast!!