Monday, August 5, 2013

Second half of July

When it rains here- it floods the streets. So one night, Krista and I decided to go out and play in it.
I went to the National Ranching Heritage Center with the other wives. It was on Texas Tech Campus and it was free! Perfect! When we went the first day, the outdoor section was already closed, so we had to come back the next day so we could see it. It  had a bunch of historical structures including homes, windmills, a railroad, and more dating back to the 18th century. It was really neat to see it all, and it really reminded me of Peru!!


A day at the pool with treats and a jam box- what could get better than that!? Mindi left to go home with her girls, so we got bored pretty quick without children entertainment. 
After the pool, we thought it would be fun to go play pool, and this is what it turned into...
Getting a picture of all of us jumping on a self timer is much harder than you'd think! 
Date night to Red Lobster this hot husband of mine. 
Got to go Go-Karting with these friends.
(Nick, Meghan, Jess, Brad, Krista, Clayton)



We got to go to the Lubbock Temple with Krista and Clayton. Since it is such a small temple, they are only open at weird times and only for a few hours. So, the only time we could go was on a Thursday at 9am. When we got to the temple, I realized I forgot my recommend at our apartment! I usually always have it my bag, but since we weren't planning on bringing our clothes to Texas and just renting, (we later found out that we can't rent clothes at this temple so I brought them back with me after I went home to visit) I had it in my wallet so didn't even think to bring it with me. Bummer!! Luckily, they were able to look me up and let me in! :) 



Another date night. We usually try to go out to dinner every Saturday night. We went to Chili's again this night.

The guys ran out of area in Lubbock so we had to take the drive up to lovely Amarillo to finish off the summer. Amarillo is about 2 hours north of Lubbock, so it is nice that we are a little bit closer to home. We passed a place on the way called Happy. But the worst part? We have to stay in hotels. It honestly hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, but dinners are a little more tricky to make. 

3 comments:

Lee said...

I'm glad it worked out for you to go to the temple- after all the work of getting your clothes! Love your two pool parties, your date nights, all the rain and that you're closer to home!

Lindsey said...

It's interesting to me how fun you make Texas look, fun enough for me to come and visit...except, I know that's not aaaaaaaaaaactually the case. Glad you are able to have some smiles and "happy" times mixed in with your ugly scenery and humidity :) Love that photo of you and Brad, you look stunning.

Kylee said...

I love rainstorms that cause flooding! I'm glad you guys went out and played in it. Those full size raft floating things for the pool are perfect! That's the best way to enjoy the pool. The pool table photo shoot with your friends is awesome! You look super cute in all your date night and temple pictures. And go karting looks like a blast! I'm glad you've had such a great time there.