Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July

The Sunday before the 4th, we got together with some friends and bought some fireworks, and then went to the church to light them off. 


We made crepes for dinner one night and made this cute flag for the toppings.


On July 3rd, we made these cute and yummy treats: muddy buddies, rice krispies treats, and caramel pretzels. We went to the drive-in movie of Despicable Me 2 and Monster's University. We put little treat bags together and made a bed in the back of Nick's truck with one of my extra mattresses and couch cushions. We also brought Mindi's SUV to sit in the back of so that we would be able to fit everyone.  We picked up firehouse subs for dinner and got there an hour before the movie started, thinking that would be plenty early.. but boy were we wrong! That got us in the second to last row. But we still had fun, and enjoyed both the movies. The boys were able to meet us there and only missed the first 20 minutes of Despicable Me. 







On the 4th, all the wives got together to go to the parade that was two blocks away from our apartments. It was nice to just be able to walk there. Afterwards we walked to Firehouse Subs for lunch, and then to Bahama Bucks. 


Brad was able to get off early and was home at about 6:30. It was so weird to have him home so early, but so nice! We hung out, then went with the rest of the office to buy more fireworks. We found a parking lot and had pizza and the boys played football, then we did fireworks. We were in the perfect place and were able to see the city fireworks as well. It was a great day! 






4 comments:

Kylee said...

That's awesome that you celebrated all week long pretty much! That's how the 4th SHOULD be. I love all your festive treats and those crepes look delish!!! I need to make those more often. Actually, I've never made them myself, so I guess I should say, I need to make those. Is that a llama I saw in your picture at the parade???? Lucky duck. I love llamas. In case you didn't already know :) I really need to go try firehouse subs if it's good enough for you to go there two days in a row!

Lee said...

Your 4th of July treats look amazing! You are so creative and crafty! I love that! I want to make pretzels, but I know I won't do it alone, so lets do it when you get back! I love all the fun things you do, and I'm so glad you have friends to hang out with every day!

Vonnie said...

So fun Jessica! Love staying in the loop with you this way.

Lindsey said...

That looks like a very festive celebration. You are just the cutest thing there ever was!! I can't even imagine how you're going to be as a mom! Hopefully we'll have a baby together so you can keep me motivated and inspired and on my toes.