Sunday, May 19, 2013

Texas!

We were in 8 different states in just 4 days! It was a little crazy those 4 days, and a lot of driving.. but everything worked out and we are happy where we are! So here is the story: we had contemplated switching companies and going with one of Brad's mission buddies to Louisiana. We finally decided, about a week before we left, that we would go with them. They were starting the summer off in Kansas City, so after staying a night with Kylee and Brody in Colorado, we headed there. Our GPS took us through Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri and finally Kansas. After being there for one day, some things changed at Vivint, making it more beneficial for us to go back, so we spent the next day traveling to Texas. 
We are living in Lubbock, TX. It is a really nice city and our apartments here are really nice! We have a 3 bedroom apartment, so if anyone happens to be in this area and needs a place to stay, you'd be more than welcome to stay with us! ;)
Oh the joys of shopping from scratch. Felt like newlyweds all over again!
I went to lunch with the other wives my first Saturday out here at On the Border.
The wives and I also went to this really cool science museum one day. They have this cool kid area that has a cute pet store, grocery store, and a music room. They also have a butterfly museum that we got to see.


After church on Mothers Day, we walked around the Lubbock temple- which is in the same parking lot as our church! Then we made crepes with some of our friends, and then we were able to skype with my parents and Brad's whole family! We haven't been all together for about 2 1/2 years. But, between 3 different skypes, we were able to see and talk to everyone! 
 


 I seriously love this girl! She is one of my friends little girls- she was playing in the mirror one day while I was babysitting.
Two of my absolute favorite places- Firehouse subs and Bahama Bucks!!

4 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

We had some friends live in Lubbock before they moved here, they loved it there! I am glad to know that Firehouse Subs is good! We have them here but we haven't tried them out yet. Your place looks so nice! So glad you guys found a great place!

Lee said...

Hurray for you doing a new post. You should do them more than once a month like you usually do. Just saying. I love that you get to mark off so many new states! Are those animals in the cages real? Cause they looked stuffed.

Lindsey said...

How did I get TWO posts behind on your blog? Sorry about that! I am so glad that you have a nice place to live in Texas. Three bedrooms?! What the hey? I am seriously jealous of Bahama Bucks, that might be worth it to go to Texas just for that! Those crepes look seriously awesome and I'm glad you got to talk to all of your family. Yeah, my family hasn't all been together for 3 years either, it's crazy how that happens huh? Keep the posts a comin :)

Kylee said...

I'm super jealous about the Bahama bucks! And we have Firehouse Subs here in Fort Collins, but I've never been! I'll have to check it out since it's one of your favorites. Awesome that you have 3 bedrooms! I would LOVE to come visit if I didn't have to work this summer :(