Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December

We had a lot of fun things that happened in December. First off was coming home to Utah! Bryce and Ann picked us up from the airport, and then we hung out at their house for a bit before going to Grandma's for dinner. 
We went with my mom and dad to SLC to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. It was SO good! We also walked around Temple square and did a little shopping. 

We went to the annual Vivint Christmas party and had a lot of fun. We had to wear ugly sweaters. We played a lot of fun minute-to-win-it games, the present game and won some prizes. 
We went to my parent's neighbors house to see their train station that they put up. It was pretty neat. The Bundy's came with us and it was fun to see how excited the girls were to see it. 
Sunday before Christmas. Kylee and Brody came to Logan late Friday night. Brody was only able to stay for about 5 days, but Kylee is here for 2 weeks!
On Christmas Eve morning, Kylee, mom and I went to the Sports Academy for an Aerobithon, and then met up with the rest of the family, and the Bundy's at the Jump Zone. This place just has a bunch of tramps, foam pits, and a place to play basketball and volleyball/dodgeball. We had so much fun!

After the Jump Zone, we all went to my parents for a yummy breakfast (which was more like lunch since it was 1:00)
That night, we went to my Grandparents. We had a yummy dinner (roast beef, ham, crab legs and lots of sides), played the present game and took some family pictures. 

It snowed so much all day- which made for a beautiful Christmas Day!
On Christmas morning, we opened presents, and had snowman pancakes for breakfast. My biggest surprise present was from Brad- a sewing machine!! I'm very excited about it, and he did such a good job at surprising me. Another favorite was from my mom and dad- my blog book that I made and had printed.
We headed to Brigham to Brooke and Elgins at noon. We had crepes, the boys did some shooting outside while the girls chatted inside, talked to Dallen on skype (he'll be home in less than 2 months!), watched Brave, and played with our cute nephew Braxten.
That night, we went hot tubbing at my parents. The boys decided it would be fun to roll around in the snow and then get back in the hot tub- crazy boys!
We had such a great Christmas!!
The day after Christmas, we had a progressive dinner. It started at the Skeen's with soup and an obstacle course in their gym. Then to my parents for chicken tacos and then to the Bundy's for dessert and a surprise Graduation party for Brad. I had gone to their house earlier to decorate their house. I made a little game about Brad. I'm so proud of Brad for Graduating college and I know he will do great things in life! We also had the privilege of listening to Emma and Lydia recite the entire story of 'Twas the night before Christmas' by memory. It was the cutest thing ever!! Also, Lydia recited the Preamble- I just love those two!
For New Years Eve/ Our Anniversary, we went shopping and then out to eat at Cafe Rio (we were gonna go to Texas Roadhouse but it would have been an hour wait- at 5:00! and we did not have time for that). I can't believe we have been married for 2 years! It has gone by so fast and I am so glad for the choice that I made to marry Brad. We couldn't be any more happy! Then we went to the Skeen's for a party that the Bundy's hosted. We had yummy snacks, and played a lot of fun games before watching the ball drop. The games included: the name game, an obstacle course, 4 square, dodgeball, minute-to-win-in games, catch phrase, category calling and signs.


 We also did floating lanterns after midnight- something I've always wanted to do! It was so neat to see.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Wow- so many fun things! I love everything! You got some good pictures with the floating lanterns. So cool! Everything we've done this month has been amazing. I'm sad it's coming to an end and there's nothing to look forward to in January!

Lindsey said...

Where have I been? I finally caught up on all your other blog posts, I left my comments under your older posts. Sorry to be such a flaker. What a great Christmas season you've had. I need to pull it together and get my post going. So glad you guys are home and hopefully here to stay!!!

Kylee said...

Love this post! So fun to see everything you've done, especially things I wasn't there for. I'm glad we were able to hang out so much while I was there!! I had so much fun!