Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Weekend with the Hatch's, and Hess'

BABY ANIMAL DAYS:
We babysat the Hess kids again for 5 days. We took them to baby animal days. It was so much fun.. I had not been forever! We got to see baby ducks, chicks, lambs, rabbits, goats, calves, and ponies. The kids loved all the animals, but the train ride was probably their favorite. My favorite were the bunnies! 



HATCH VISIT: 
Kylee and Brody were able to visit for the weekend last week. Unfortunately it was the same weekend we were babysitting, but we just brought the kids with us to hang out with them lots. The Bundy's were also able to join in on all of the fun as well. While they were here we played games, had a yummy  dinner, and we had everyone over to the Hess' house for dessert and games. I just love those Bundy girls so much!

We also all walked over to the park on Sunday night for an adult recess (we also did this the week before with the Bundy's, which is why we're in different clothes in some of the pictures). It was so much fun! We played on the new playground that they have, had relay races, played basketball, tether ball, and took some family pictures. Probably one of the funniest parts of the night is when we'd put Lydia on the thing that spins around (and makes you really dizzy) and then watching her try to walk after. Or when Lucy and Lydia were playing tether ball together and the ball kept hitting them in the head and they were both just laughing so hard! Good times!

 I love the picture with all the boys walking back from playing basketball together. That was not staged at all! And also the poses that Lydia does when the camera is out. Love her!

JENKINS:
We also had an overnighter babysitting the 6 month old twin boys that I nanny while they took the older two to Lagoon. I love these two and am so sad that they'll be so big when I see them next. I tried to get a good picture of them both smiling at the same time, but it didn't exactly work so well. I love their 6 month photo's that they just got taken.

NERD HERD:
Brad's group of friends from High School named themselves the Nerd Herd. 3 of them are married, the other 3 are not. Bryce and Laura are moving to New York for a few years for Dental School, Brett is going to DC for an internship this summer, Jason is going to school in Salt Lake and we're going to Texas to sell this summer so they decided to take some pictures before we all parted ways. They are a fun group of guys and I love the other two wives. We'll miss them!

BRAXTEN'S BLESSING:
After a couple of weeks of Braxten being sick with RSV, he was finally able to be blessed! We had a little lunch after outside at Ben and Katie's apartment. I made sure to hold him a lot since I won't see him till he is almost 7 months.. he'll be so big! I even got him to smile at me, so cute! I love my sweet nephew!

On a little side note: Brad is done with school! Yipee!! Well, not technically because he still has to do an international internship in the fall, but he is done with classes. I'm so proud of him. He finished his last semester with grades of B+ and higher, even with all his senioritis. I'm also proud of him because he applied to go to Peru with the SEED program for his internship and they only let 2 people to go out from USU, and he got it! He will be leaving for Peru just about 2 weeks after we get home from Texas. Unfortunately I won't be going with him the whole time, but I will go out the whole month of November. We'll go to Machu Picchu the last week we're there then fly home together the first week of December. I'm really looking forward to it!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Nick and I were so sad that we missed baby animal days this year. It always comes so fast! Peru is goin to be awesome! Tell brad congrats! I am so jealous! Hope you are having fun in Texas!

Lee said...

What a great, newsy post! I loved it. You've done a great job of taking picts (or borrowing them) of all your fun events and activities. Now that we're apart for 3 1/2 months- our longest ever :( I will look forward to your posts even more, so keep em coming!

Kylee said...

Yay for peru!! As you know, I'm super jealous. You guys will have so much fun! I'm glad you were able to see us so much while we were there even though you were babysitting that weekend.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE your hair and your face in that photo of you holding that little bunny. Seriously, that little bunny is cuter than any of those kids in this post, my own included. I love bunnies like you love babies. Speaking of babies, those two little twin boys sure are darling, seriously too cute. I like that you were able to get a few different photos on your blog that Ky, your mom and I didn't have. But I doubt anyone besides the four of us would even notice that. I think that's so cool Brad still has his HS friends, I hope they don't ever lose touch with each other. Those photos are awesome, my fave is the one in the circle looking up and the one walking across the street like the beetles. I can't wait for you to go to Machu Pichu, if it isn't on your bucket list, it sure should be, because it is oober worthy!! Keep the blog posts a'comin!!