Friday, September 9, 2011

Life after Texas

Life in Utah has been busy, but great! We flew my mom out to Texas to help me drive home. It was so nice to have her come and to be home a few days before Brad to get settled in a little. We stopped and spent the night at Kylee and Brody's since it was almost exactly half way. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, then did a little shopping at Charming Charlie (our favorite). Ky and I had fun trying on some sweet hats. 


We went for a walk and got some ice cream, which is right across from their apartment complex. 

We got a picture of all the hats that I've made during the summer. I can't believe how many I've done. Shows how bored I was! 

Brad and I went boating with some of our friends. It was so much fun. I had not been for a couple of years so I was afraid I wouldn't remember how to wakeboard, but I got up just fine. :) I was not near as good as Brad though. 

And of course I've done some babysitting for the Hess'! The girls have gotten so big. Lucy was not even walking when I left. And Charlie can swim all by himself! It was so fun to hang out with them. 

Brad got himself two new toys when we got home. The first is one that he got a good deal on, and he is not sure if he is going to keep it. He's had fun riding it a few times though. 

The second is one that he earned as an incentive during the summer. If he got 12 sells in one week, his boss told him he would buy him a mountain bike of his choice. 

I've decided to take the semester off of school so I have been very busy working. Brad with his second to last semester of school at USU. We are enjoying life back in Utah very much. 

7 comments:

Lee said...

Yay- a new post finally! Love the picts wake boarding. Your camera did a good job of capturing an action shot. Love the new bikes- esp the mountain one. . .

Mariana Patterson said...

Friend! It's good to have you back except...I haven't seen you haha. But it looks like you've had some fun! Love you!

Kylee said...

That's fun you got to go wake boarding! I haven't done that for a while either. That's cool Brad got those new bikes. Too bad summer is almost over... You guys will have to come visit sometime and we can go mountain biking together!

Vonnie said...

Great update Jessica. It looks like you've had a lot of fun things to do. I really want to buy some of your crocheted stuff for our grand girls. Maybe when I come to Logan in November I could look over your wares and get some stuff. You are very talented (but I already knew this!)

Kristina Peterson said...

So many amazing hats!

tutus n bowties said...

Welcome home! Glad to see and hear that you had a great Summer adventure together.

Lindsey said...

Love Brad's sweet new rides. Are you bummed you can't snuggle on the back? Your hat skills are crazy cool. I'm glad you're back in Utah too ;)