Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This post is long overdue, I know.
We had such a fun filled labor day weekend! It was great seeing lots of family members we hadn't seen since before the summer. 

Saturday: We spent the day at Lava Hot Springs with my family, Annie, Casperson's, Peterson's, and Bundy's. I got brave, after going off the 2nd platform, and went off the 3rd. I only did it one time however, because it hurt my ears so bad. I'm glad I did it though. We also floated the river and had such a fun time. We loved it so much, we did it twice and decided to go off the bigger waterfall the second time. I was on a four man tube with my mom and two cousins the first time and Brad was by himself. He got a few scratches so decided he'd come with us the second time since we were told the four man doesn't flip. We went down the big waterfall fine, but when it came to the smaller one, we flipped and Brad and I were in the back of the tube so we got the worst of it. I got a pretty nasty cut on my knee and some scratches. Brad got some bruises and scratches. We decided to be done for the day after that. But, it was still such a fun day.


The left one is my knee the day of. The white stuff is just some medicine we put on. The middle is Brad's back, and the right is my knee a few days after. I'm a little embarrassed to say that this is the worst injury I've ever had, but it's true. (Or is a fractured elbow, that didn't hurt much, worse?)
Sunday-Monday: We spent the rest of the weekend at the cabin with Brad's family. We had some fun shooting bow and arrows, going on a 4-wheeler/motorcycle rides, playing games and eating lots of yummy food. Brad's sister and brother-in-law have an exchange student living with them for 10 months. She is from Denmark and she is so fun and cute.  We were sad Brooke and Elgin had to leave Sunday late afternoon and we only got to spend a few hours with them. 








7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Holy cow... your knee looked pretty awesome. Whenever we would bleed as children, my dad would always say we "had fun"... so at least you now know that you were having LOTS of fun!

Lee said...

Finally- a post from you! That was a great weekend, and a perfect way to welcome you guys home! Glad your injuries are healing nicely. Don't let Cam hear you say that that was your worse injury ever! haha

Kylee said...

Those are really pretty pictures of the valley where the cabin is. That's fun Brad's family has a cabin! Sad about your knee, but yeah, at least you were having fun! I want to float the river at lava sometime, although, not if I'm going to scrape my knee like that.. ha ha!

Zane and Cami said...

Ok, that pic of your knee looks like it hurt MEGA BAD! I'm so sorry! Glad you guys are home with family again though:)

Lindsey said...

Fun weekend huh? It almost makes up for all the fun we missed with our families this year....almost ;) We need to get together and razzor it up sometime :)

tutus n bowties said...

Hanging out with Family is the best. That's fun that Brad's fam has a cabin. Where abouts is it?

Annie said...

You one busy girl! Loved your ball gown. You sure rocked that! It was so fun to spend the day with you Saturday in Liberty :)