Monday, August 9, 2010

Goodbye

One of my guy friends here took me and Addi paddle boarding last week. It was not as hard as we thought it would be. We thought that we would fall in, but luckily we didn't! It was a beautiful night and Darvil was nice to take us out and take pictures for us.

One day, when we were not going to the beach, I decided that we would go explore instead of sitting at the house. First, we went to town and got some ice cream at toppers. Then we went to this secret garden place that has a really cool tree and a little lake. The girls had fun running around there. Then we went to the museum. It was pretty cool, but we were not there long. The girls wanted to see where the bunker was that my guy friends took me to. Then we headed over to race rock and south beach. When we got home, we washed all 5 cars with the boys. It was a fun, eventful day!

After the beach one day last week, their cousin asked us if we would like a ride in her car, also known as the 'jeepny'. Isn't it awesome?

Halli and her friend enjoy playing with stingray, crabs, jelly fish and making dribble castles when we go to the beach. The stingray was washed up on the beach, crazy huh?

What can I say? I get bored while the girls are playing with creatures!

My last day of church. These are the people who pick us up from the ferry to go to church and let us come to their house after church to eat and hang out. They are such a nice couple and I will really miss seeing them every week.

Goodbye Rocky Ledge!

6 comments:

Lee said...

I'm sad too that this will be your last post from FI. I've loved seeing your pictures and hearing about your fun adventures. Love the paddle boarding picts, seeing a pict of the nice couple who have been so nice to you on Sundays, and seeing another picture of the mansion you've been living in! Wow- that thing is massive. Also, your drawings in the sand were fun.

Kylee said...

So sad that you are leaving that awesome place! Paddle boarding looks fun! I've never seen that before. That stingray was cool too.

Annie said...

What a great job you have done with your blog. It has been super fun and interesting to look over your shoulder for the past few months. Glad you are coming home soon though!

Unknown said...

dang girl- your summer has been amazing!!

Lacey Ellen said...

I'm sorry you have to leave but to be perfectly honest I am SOOO excited to see you again!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you got to experience this before you get married...whenever that may be. What a fun summer. We missed you lots but it was a worthy cause of why you went away. Can't wait to see you!