Thursday, July 19, 2012

Rain/Treats/Shower

I witnessed the biggest rainstorm of my life last week. There were huge puddles and rivers everywhere!  (You can see the puddle in the parking spot in this picture after it had been raining for about 10 min) And then they would drain so quick. I was impressed. It rained everyday, but Monday was probably the worst. The alarm even went off for a minute and we are not sure why! The power went out in everyone's apartment across the street from us and at HEB, the grocery store across the street. The thunder was so loud and the lightning would come right after.

On the one day that is was not raining last week, we made sure to get out of the house. We first went to the mall to ride the carousel with these cute kids. 
Then we all went to Austin to go to Hey Cupcake. It is this cute little trailer that sells some pretty delicious cupcakes. However, $3 for a cupcake was a little much for me. I also got some shaved ice at the trailer next to it. It was fun to get out of the house and be with these girls

On the way home, these clouds looked so pretty!
We went to the best donut place on Saturday morning. Oh, they were so good, I already want to go back!
I helped plan a shower for one of the wives out here who is due in September with her first. It was camo/hunting theme so I made some s'mores bars and some green/brown treats. We decorated with lots of camo colors and it was a blast! We played a few games and all made her some burp cloths. Kiera is such a cute girl and it has been so fun having her around this summer. I am so excited for them and cannot wait for their little man to get here!



3 comments:

Zane and Cami said...

You are so adorable, what a fun baby shower! Love the idea.

McKell Schreiner said...

When you get home we are getting together and I'm stealing all the group pictures you have!!

Lee said...

I want one of those donuts! That shower you threw is darling! You always have so many cute ideas! I love the picts of the rainstorm. I'm ready for one of those in Utah.