Friday, November 11, 2011

Halloween

Well, we had a Halloween Party again this year. It's looking like that is going to be our little tradition, since this is the 3rd one in a row. It's fun to remember the day we got engaged-- I can't believe it's already been a year! My aunt and uncle were so kind and let us have it in their awesome house. We had about 14 friends come for it. We made all the food (which I won't do in the future). We had pumpkin cookies (they were the favorite and were gone within about an hour), oreo pops, vampire teeth (apples and peanut butter), spare-parts salad (grapes), cupcakes (that were left over from the halloween carnival at my work), chex mix, cookie monsters (nutter butters dipped in white chocolate), homemade root-beer and pizza from Papa Murphy's.  I'm so sad I was not good about taking pictures at all this day.

Ghost and Ghostbuster
Everyone...
More friends that showed up a little late.

The food... half eaten

Games: musical pumpkins
Witch Pitch- try to throw candy corn into each bucket. (This is way harder than it looks)
Pumpkin balloon darts: My uncle made this awesome wood pumpkin, we pinned balloons on it and everyone got a turn throwing darts at it and trying to pop the balloons.
Basketball in the gym.
Thanks to everyone that came and made it a fun time and thanks to Annie and Trace for letting us use their house and games! Looking forward to next year already. 

6 comments:

Stacy said...

wow your Aunt and Uncle do have an awesome house! Looks like lots of fun. I love you and Brad'costumes!

Annie said...

Kid, you did a lot of work on that party and I am just glad it was fun for you.

Chelsea said...

What a fun looking party! And can I just say that I loved your Ghost costume. :)

Kylee said...

Fun party!! I love that this will be a tradition every year for you guys! Halloween is a big anniversary day for you... when you met AND got engaged! I love your costumes and those games look way fun. Good work!

Lee said...

Good job on your cute party. I'm glad it was so much fun- but what party wouldn't be @ the Skeens? You guys did a great job w/ everything. Nick and Mikell crack me up.

Lindsey said...

What a fun party!! I love your costumes, so cute! It's REALLY weird to hear someone talking about their aunt and uncle and know they are referring to my parents. Looking forward to next year and you taking more photos :)