Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fun weekend

This past weekend was a busy one for us. On Friday, they had a sandcastle contest at the big club. Me, the girls and their friends did a volcano with coke in the middle. They ate all of the mentos except for one, so it was kinda lame since we needed more and there weren't any left. Freddie helped the boys and their friends make the world cup. The bottom 3 are some other cool ones that we saw. Some people got so creative. It was a fun night.

Later that night, the boys invited us all to go on a hike. Well it turns out that it wasn't quite a hike, since this whole Island is pretty much flat. They took us to an underground military bunker. We had to crawl on our stomachs to get inside the tiny hole. It was kinda cool, but scary at the same time. It was pitch dark and we only had a few flash lights. They led us to a dead end and one of our friends jumped out in a wolf costume and scared us all so bad. We were all so mad at the boys, but it made for a fun night.

On Saturday, there was a cardboard boat race for the kids who go to IPP (kind of like a daycare). Since Jamie goes to IPP, we got to do it. We made our boat and Jamie and Halli were the drivers. I guess we didn't make our sides high enough, because it stared sinking right away. They were good sports about it though and they just tried to keep paddling. It was very funny to watch.

This has been my favorite sunset so far. The sun was huge, although it doesn't look it in the picture, and the clouds were awesome!

Yesterday, it was raining so hard. I had to run out to the car that was right in front of the house to grab something, and I got soaked! On rainy days, we stay inside and play games. We made those fortune teller things, did a puzzle, and Halli played on my phone-- which she loves to do, along with my camera!





Halli had a really loose tooth, and it looked really weird. How is it still connected? I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't just come out. The girls did my hair and makeup this morning, isn't it beautiful!!?

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, you look SUPER pretty in your last photo, you should totally have that be your profile photo on facebook. Fun post Jess, I can't believe you are getting paid to do all this fun stuff. I am still haunted by those horse shoe crabs though, yikers!

Lee said...

I was so happy this morning when I saw there was a new post from you! Hurray. I loved seeing all your fun recent adventures. The hair and makeup look beautiful! Did the girls think so, or were they intentially doing it crazy? Love the sunset pict- and the water is so blue in the boat racing pictures. That's so great that there are so many fun/different things to do on the island! Oh, and your look really pretty in the rained on picture!

Lee said...

Oh, and I'm glad you figured out how to change your comment format. I hated the other way!

Kylee said...

Yikes, you look scary in that last picture. Those girls should go into scary movie make-up as a profession! It looks like you figured out the comment thing. That was so weird. That sunset is beautiful! And I love all the fun activities you are doing.